Executive Director of European Business Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia
The European Business Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia (EuroCham), a non-profit organization, promotes and supports European business interests and represents European member companies within Indonesia. The Chamber provides its members with a wide range of services and works to improve market access for European companies in Indonesia through information sharing and proactive advocacy with the Government of Indonesia and EU.
EuroCham is seeking an Executive Director with focus on Business Development, Advocacy and Chamber Management based in Jakarta on a full-time basis under a two-year contract with possible extension.
Reporting to EuroCham Executive Board, Executive Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for Eurocham’s programs, expansion and execution of its mission and staff management.
EuroCham is inviting candidates with core competencies within the following areas: Management, European Business Practices, Public Affairs, Legal and Regulatory, Human Resources, Finance, Business Development and preferably experience from EU Co-Funded Projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Business Development:
- Oversee the future growth and development of memberships, events and sponsors;
- Identify and engage potential company members and introduce EuroCham organization and activities to improve membership growth;
- Plan and implement EuroCham programs and services for a successful sustainability.
- Represent EuroCham and establish good relationships with community groups, sponsors, Indonesian government and EU Delegation to achieve the goals of EuroCham;
- Develop and implement EuroCham communication and visibility strategy, including events, key messages, speaking opportunities and promotional materials together with key media partners, as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- Chamber Management:
- Oversee and monitor an efficient and effective day-to-day operation of EuroCham including a transparent and acceptable financial performance of the chamber;
- Establish a positive working environment in accordance with appropriate legislations;
- Ensure that operations of EuroCham meets expectations of the Board;
- Identify, assess and inform the Board on internal and external issues, regulatory and legal changes that affect European businesses and its member companies;
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda, reporting, presentations and other supporting material for monthly Board meetings.
Executive Director required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Preferably University Master degree in a related field;
- Knowledge of Chamber management including financial management, project management and preferably EU co-funded projects;
- Good exposure on human resources, finance and team management;
- Minimum of eight-year experience within European business and/or Chamber environment;
- Fluent in English and good knowledge in Bahasa Indonesia.
Key personal attributes:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships;
- Effective communication skills in both writing and speaking;
- Having strong organisational and time management skills;
- Willingness to be flexible and ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Monthly gross salary around IDR 50,000,000 dependent on qualifications.
- Performance based bonus of 5-20% dependent on pre-defined measures and targets.
Application deadline is 15 July 2017. Starting date as soon as possible.
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.